The President's Profile
? Seiichi Matsuo
? (Born on December 20, 1950)
? Bachelor of Medicine, Nagoya University, March 1976
? Doctor of Medicine, Nagoya University, July 1981
? Doctor of Medicine ?(Nagoya University)
1981 / 09
???? Research Fellow, Mount Sinai Medical Center, U.S.
1982 / 08
???? Research Fellow, State University of New York, U.S.
1984 / 10
???? Physician, Chubu Rosai Hospital, Labour Welfare Corporation
1986 / 05
???? Research Associate, School of Medicine, Nagoya University
1986 / 7
???? Research Associate, Nagoya University Hospital
1997 / 02
???? Associate Professor, Nagoya University Hospital
2002 / 01
???? Professor, Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya University
???? Director, Third Department of Internal Medicine, Nagoya University Hospital
2002 / 06
???? Director, Department of Nephrology, Nagoya University Hospital
???? Director, Center for Postgraduate Clinical Training and Career Development, Nagoya University Hospital
2004 / 04
???? Vice Director, Nagoya University Hospital
???? Director, Daiko Medical Center, Nagoya University
2007 / 04
???? Director, Nagoya University Hospital
2008 / 06
???? Director, Center for Genetic and Regeneration Medicine, Nagoya University Hospital
2009 / 04
???? Vice President, Nagoya University
2010 / 04
???? Director, Innovative Research Center for Preventive Medical Engineering, Nagoya University
2012 / 04
???? Director, Division of Human Resource Development, Nagoya University
2012 / 04
???? Head of Industry-Academia-Government Collaboration, Nagoya University
2014 / 01
???? Head of Academic Research & Industry-Academia-Government Collaboration, Nagoya University
2014 / 04
???? Head of Institute of Innovation for Future Society, Nagoya University
2015 / 04
???? President, Nagoya University
2017 / 09
???? Member, Council for Designing 100-Year Life Society
2018 / 03
???? Executive Member (part-time member), Council for Science, Technology and Innovation
Area of Expertise
Academic Society Affiliations
? Japanese Society of Internal Medicine
? Japanese Society of Nephrology
Major Appointments in Academic Societies
? President, Japanese Society of Nephrology
? 2015 / 05
HeForShe IMPACT Champion (United Nations organization UN Women)
? 2017 / 06
Vice President, Japan Association of National Universities
Major Research Accomplishments
- In vivo interaction of antibodies with cell surface antigens. A mechanism responsible for in situ formation of immune deposits in the zona pellucida of rabbit oocytes. Matsuo S, Caldwell PRB, Brentjens JR, Andres G. Journal of Clinical Investigation. 75: 1369-1380, 1985.
- Glomerulonephritis induced in the rabbit by antiendothelial antibodies. Matsuo S, Fukatsu A, Taub ML, Caldwell PRB, Brentjens JR, Andres G. Journal of Clinical Investigation. 79: 1798-1811, 1987.
- Experimental glomerulonephritis induced in rats by a lectin and its antibodies. Matsuo S, Yoshida F, Yuzawa Y, Hara S, Fukatsu A, Watanabe Y, Sakamoto N. Kidney International. 36:1011-1021, 1989.
- The role of CD59 in the complement-mediated glomerular injury in rats. Matsuo S, Nishikage H, Nomura A, Yoshida F, Piddlesden SJ, Morgan BP. Kidney International. 46: 191-200, 1994.
- In vivo effects of monoclonal antibodies which functionally inhibit complement regulatory proteins in rats. Matsuo S, Ichida S, Takizawa H, Okada N, Baranyi L, Iguchi A, Morgan BP, Okada H. Journal of Experimental Medicine. 180: 1619-1627, 1994.
- Tubulointerstitial injury induced in rats by a monoclonal autibody which inhibits function of a membrane inhibitor of complement. Nomura A, Nishikawa K, Yuzawa Y, Okada H, Okada N, Morgan BP, Piddlesden SJ, Nadai M, Hasegawa T, Matsuo S. Journal of Clinical Investigation. 96: 2348-2356, 1995.
- Revised equations for estimating GFR from serum creatinine in Japan. Matsuo S, Imai E, Horio M, Yasuda Y, Tomita K, Nitta K, Yamagata K, Tomino Y, Yokoyama H, Hishida A , Am J Kidney Dis. 53: 982-993, 2009.